Monday, August 24, 2009

Today we finished day too many of harvest. The day was good though. There were no break downs, we had three truck drivers and covered a lot of ground.
The wheat we cut was for the most part terrible, but since my uncle Steven is cutting this particular farm on contract (it isn't his) the quality of the wheat isn't weighing on our minds.
It will be interesting to see the per acre average as the crop has been outstandlingly good in some parts as I mentioned in my previous post.

We had thought that we would have finished quite a few days ago. But this was our reasoning back in July. Throughout August there has been a lot of rain which has set us back many days. Three truck drivers have come and then had to leave before we had finished. One of the truck drivers (Lance Bonnington) and myself (combine driver) have extended our stays so as to be able to help until the end of harvest.

Roses are red
Violets are blue
My bedspread is green
And though I got off the combine two hours ago I still feel like I'm on it and it's moving.

No comments: